Brassed Off Britannia

Brassed Off Britannia

For a moan about the state of Britain and the World

Home   |   About BOB   |   Poetry   |   Contact Us   |   Forum Home

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Policemen
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:40 am 

Okay it is in America but quite a few British people are killed, while in custody, by the police each year. And they are perplexed when there is no respect for the law innit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:08 pm 

I find that incredible, with no justification. If the man held a knife he was 20 or 30 yards away and no real threat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:54 am 

They start young in Pakistan innit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 41959.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:57 am 

Remarkable Rev. Remarkable. What I also found very interesting was the case of the lady in the veil (sounds like an Agatha Christie novel).
We are truly sleepwalking into something we will "not like up us" as Corporal Jones would say.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:34 pm 

I am far to young to remember but I'm sure most of you will recall the information broadcasts on your wireless with subjects like 'what to do if you capture a German parachutist' or 'how to make a nutritious meal with grass and dockleaves'.
Today I heard one on 'what to do if you witness a terrorist attack'. One bit advised that I should 'run away, contact the police and wait for armed police to arrive and not to look threatening when they do'.
I think I would be more scared of a bunch of gun toting cops climbing out of their panda (do they still have panda's?) itching to shoot something other than a paper target.
A squad of experienced ex-soldiers would be a better option if they were allowed to issue parking tickets during the gunfight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:51 pm 

olderandwiser wrote:
One bit advised that I should 'run away, contact the police and wait for armed police to arrive and not to look threatening when they do'.

What, not charge the AK47 toting terrorists and tackle them all to the ground! I mean, "run away", what else are we going to do? And how should I go about not looking threatening? Don't wave my walking stick in the air and try to smile ought to do it. Would giving the armed cops a thumbs up be overdoing it dyer think? Who writes all this bollux?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:07 pm 

Quote:
Who writes all this bollux?

I'm afraid it was me CC. he said sheepishly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:17 pm 

I should have guessed. But we do get warnings to be aware of the threat of terrorism and to be alert. Alert for what? Dusky looking men with machine guns would be fairly obvious and a suicide vest if the wires are showing, but how else? Of course they could mean beware of all dusky looking men, but isn't that racist? It is a bit annoying that Asians always get a seat on the Tube because when they get on everyone else gets off.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:39 pm 

Cumberland Cockney wrote:
....bit annoying that Asians always get a seat....

I took "dusky" to mean Pakis, Afghanis, Iranians or maybe Egyptians. Bit of a hike to Asia from any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:22 am 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35132442

How's this for bollux? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:43 am 

Terrifying, innit! And I don't mean the terrorists.

I have a better idea than "Run, Hide and Tell". How about "Run, Run faster and Keep running"?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:52 am 

Sorry to disagree with you two but I think it good advice.
Couple of things there are people that cannot run faster. Secondly people do tend to run around in a blind panic and all the video is trying to get you to do is think. "THINK" and not only about yourself.
Lastly, you can run as fast as you like but you will not outrun a bullet or an explosion.
Think also of the policeman or soldier that has to walk towards the bullet or the bomb, get out of their bloody way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:46 pm 

I'm sure it is all good advice but so is 'Your home is at risk if you set fire to it' and statements of the bleedin' obvious are hardly helpful. Run, hide and phone the police. Well I never! What else are people likely to do? And if they are panickers they'll panic however much you tell them not to. Perhaps if they diverted the cost of stupid videos and leaflets into policemen on the beat we'd all be a lot safer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:19 pm 

Couldn't agree more with putting more police on the beat, but a bobby or two ain't gonna make much of a difference to a terrorist.
What would some people do? Well run towards the gunshots, n, and pt hide, and not call the police. Perhaps they would hide and not turn of the sound on the phone, there are enough of the idiots who are warned several times to turn their phones off in theatres and take not the slightest bit of notice, and people today would want to tell their friends on facebook of the excitement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:34 pm 

Nice of the police to let the bad guys know where you are likely to be hiding!

However you should take into consideration the penatrive power of a7.62mm bullet from an AK47 - this will that it is pretty pointless keeping away from the door when the bullet can easily go clean through the wall!

http://mscg.yuku.com/topic/2713/SMALL-A ... ES-BALL-AP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next