Brassed Off Britannia

Brassed Off Britannia

For a moan about the state of Britain and the World

Home   |   About BOB   |   Poetry   |   Contact Us   |   Forum Home

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: A Touch of Inequality?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:33 pm 

I really didn't know what to put this under but will try here.
Former New England Patriot tight end Aaron Hernandez was convicted of first degree murder last week for shooting a man six times.
He was sentenced to life in prison without parole. The Jury heard that Hernandez, one of the best players in the NFL, thought that wealth and fame made him immune from the rule of law.
His demise is a grim warning of the worst that can happen when the inflated wages modern sportsmen earn warp their minds.

Could it happen here? Very likely. They even think it so on the playing fields anyway. Janner, Saville, whoever the rich and famous appear to get away with, yes, murder, and all the governments can do is take away the poor persons right to law. I do not condone those who take advantage, they should also get the full force of the law, but not from those who are deserving and that is what we should be doing in all aspects of our society. Looking after the victim and not the perpetrator.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:41 am 

cromwell man wrote:
Looking after the victim and not the perpetrator.

Should we not seek for justice for them both?
There is a multitude of cases where one or the other was denied it, no doubt your end as well as ours.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:04 am 

Aristotle he say ' The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:46 am 

Like positive discrimination?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:17 pm 

Well said Crom. Exactly like positive discrimination.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:11 am 

At the risk of repeating myself....
I liked the sign on the wall in my boss' office:
"There is nothing so unfair as treating unequals equally."

Thus the crippled, the mentally disturbed and the gifted need different treatments to be just.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:02 pm 

Inequality in Justice. You bet your bottom dollar. (anybody tell me where that comes from).
At last we have a Conservative minister admitting that the rich get justice and the poor do not. Now that is history making. But they are still going to hammer the welfare system.
Anybody listen to David Blunkett today? Probably one of the only politicians I have had any time for. If you can be bothered go to Iplayer and try Daily Politics.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:39 am 

A candidate in the coming election displayed posters which show him in several guises, one of which showed his upper torso in a camouflage-pattern shirt.
He's been an officer in the SASR and now serves as a reservist.
The military ordered him to take down the posters and he refused, preferring to resign his military service.
They believed that his uniform (or at least the bit that was visible, available at most disposal stores) was political.
When the army was approached, protesting about homosexual service personnel marching in the annual Mardi Gras (sic) parade in full uniform - as a contingent - they refused to act.
When I served, it was an offence to wear uniform to any but an officially-sanctioned event and never in a political rally. So where is the justice here? Is their appearance in a pro-queer festival not political?

Note: I recently rang the Q-line and was informed - on authority - that the use of 'queer' was fine unless it was used by a 'religious organisation'.

Attachments:
Hastie.jpg
Hastie.jpg [ 106.23 KiB | Viewed 660 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:24 pm 

Today you can see the press reports, and sorry GG but it's the game you play with your head, that Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He is a Swedish footballer and an international player for that country. He is now aged 34 and is signing a one year contract with Man Utd. There are no reports of what it will cost MU but it will not be peanuts and in addition Zlatan will receive a 4 million pound loyalty bonus from his former club Paris St. Germain.
Wht really makes my blood boil it the money that is being bandied about by these football clubs. Yes you see the occasional fee of a couple of million for some low league player but when it comes to the top leagues the money is just daft.
In my youth I watched at Tottenham the greatest goal scorer it has ever been my pleasure to see. One James Greaves esq. Jimmy. Zlatan couldn't even clean his boots. Jimmy was transferred from AC Milan to Tottenham for a mammoth fee of 99,999. It was kept under the 100,000 because Bill Nicholson the Spurs manager didn't want him saddled with that tag. Jimmy is now not in the greatest of health but is still around and has no regrets at what these so called football players now receive.
Why inequality? Because they are just not worth it. It's stupid money flashed around by stupid men and if the UK in an era of freedom from the EU wants to change anything it should change the football market get rid of the foreign robbers and give our own a chance.