Brassed Off Britannia

Brassed Off Britannia

For a moan about the state of Britain and the World

Home   |   About BOB   |   Poetry   |   Contact Us   |   Forum Home

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: QT
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:59 pm 

I cannot rid myself of this obsession. Its not the beehive hairdo (I preferred Dusty Springfield's) its certainly not the politics (about as relevant as Kenethlegek Kernow) its the voice.

Do you remember A Fish Called Wanda in which Jamie Lee Curtis had an obsession with any man that spoke with a Russian accent? Well I feel the same about Leanne Wood. I melt whenever I hear her lilting Welsh voice.

Its not what she says, its the way that she says it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:33 am 

Last night, apart from young Mr Kinnock talking his way out of the embarrassment of labours shadow cabinet. (He has certainly inherited his dads verbal bullshit.)
It was pretty much a non programme. How can five people + an overbearing chairman talk for an hour and say nothing?

It must be a political thing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:06 am 

Watched QT again this week, don't know why as it never fails to annoy me.
Different, but the same panel trying to score points by lying through their teeth or ignoring the question. Different, but same audience clapping at nothing.
Just because it is called Question Time don't mean we will get any answers from politicians who are not allowed to tell the truth.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:46 pm 

olderandwiser wrote:
Just because it is called Question Time don't mean we will get any answers from politicians who are not allowed to tell the truth.

Be fair, its not called Answer Time is it? Priti Patel was her usual pointless self, the Labour bird's name escapes me, as does her reason for being there, Hosey did his usual impersonation of a statesman, Farron chirped away like the sparrow he is and Melanie Whossname has gone all Murdoch.

Other than that it was alright.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:41 pm 

Hook Dangler wrote:
Be fair, its not called Answer Time is it? Priti Patel was her usual pointless self, the Labour bird's name escapes me, as does her reason for being there, Hosey did his usual impersonation of a statesman, Farron chirped away like the sparrow he is and Melanie Whossname has gone all Murdoch.

I disagree: it wasn't alright. It rarely is. Specifically.....

(a) I can't get my head around this argument that says that, just because the NHS depends on an immigrant workforce, all immigrants must be welcome, whatever their numbers.

(b) How weird that two Leicester residents spoke up from the audience, one saying that the city's huge immigrant population had integrated well, and the other saying that there was no integration at all. My guess is that both are right - there's integration in public and workplace, but hardly any at all in private or social gatherings.

(c) Dumbleby is useless: he talks over others even while telling others not to. He no longer chairs..... he participates, geriatrically.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:36 am 
Senex Iracundus wrote:
Hook Dangler wrote:

I disagree: it wasn't alright. It rarely is. Specifically.....

(a) I can't get my head around this argument that says that, just because the NHS depends on an immigrant workforce, all immigrants must be welcome, whatever their numbers.

(b) How weird that two Leicester residents spoke up from the audience, one saying that the city's huge immigrant population had integrated well, and the other saying that there was no integration at all. My guess is that both are right - there's integration in public and workplace, but hardly any at all in private or social gatherings.

(c) Dumbleby is useless: he talks over others even while telling others not to. He no longer chairs..... he participates, geriatrically.

for what it's worth ... I agree ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:31 am 

I watched it again (yes I know but what else can you do when you get home from Kingsholm with a half eaten bag of fish and chips?). The arse Piers Morgan was there, an anonymous SNP mouthpiece, the amorphous Emily Thornberry, someone who's name escapes me and my favourite politician (MFP).

They were in Slough and MFP said he used to live nearby. Always ready with the put down, Dimbleby interrupted and said "Eton presumably".

"Yes", said MFP, "I was there with your son".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:48 pm 

Perhaps Hooky (above) should have the last word on QT, but he'll forgive me, I'm sure............

The unique Diane Abbott, together with the Labour Party, has filed a complaint with the BBC about her treatment in the latest edition of QT.

Now, I've been watching this 'show' consistently for the last 18 years, and I can assure all and sundry that the treatment meted out to Ms DA was no more than par for the course. In fact, it was a less severe mauling than many Tory politicians have endured in the last few years..... as you may imagine. In fact, DA is quite a bruiser, and has doled out her own venom liberally over the years. But, for me, it is further confirmation that the Far Left are so self-righteous, so convinced of their own rectitude, that they cannot abide criticism. Heaven help us all if Corbyn gets in.

Fiona Bruce has taken over the chair of QT from the Dumblebee. She runs the debate as if it's the Fiona Bruce Political Chat Show, with herself the star. It's a further drop in standards by the BBC: at this rate it will soon have sunk without trace in the quicksand of its own right-on sanctimoniousness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:05 am 

I'm afraid I gave up on QT many years ago and have not been tempted back by Fiona Bruce. The bias was sickening enough without the occasional wisdom of Russel Brand and the like. But I can't see what Diane Abbot is complaining about. I thought she was the standard comic turn brought along talk nonsense for the entertainment of the audience. And this time she has excelled herself with her 'poor me' paddy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:39 pm 

I must have a masochistic streak as I continue to tune into programmes with a panel who annoy me to the point of madness. Perhaps I already am to keep hoping for someone to ask the right question?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:27 am 

olderandwiser wrote:
Perhaps I already am to keep hoping for someone to ask the right question?

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the right answer from Russell Brand. He has enough issues just trying to cope with spoken English.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:56 pm 

After days of interviews with different business owners, both leavers and remainers, the common thread was they were worried about not knowing how to prepare or what to prepare for?
A question of how to ease their uncertainty was answered by a hysterical female reporter and a labour MP was to delay Brexit till the end of the year? I hope that living with uncertainty for another 11 months reassured them?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:16 pm 

It's all part of the BIG CON. To delay Brexit they would have to repeal the act that set Article 50 in motion. Once done, what is the chance that a parliament of 75% Remainers would re-enact it? None whatsoever, so Brexit is effectively reversed. But that's just one of many ploys being used to kill it, culminating in a People's Vote with a fixed question that Remain can't lose.

The best EU trick was the Irish Backstop, a completely unnecessary condition that they knew no UK government could possibly allow. Now you may have noticed that even though the May deal is a complete crook, all discussion now centres around the Backstop with even Boris now saying that if we can dump that he will back the rest. Barnier just has to bide his time, pushing it to its limit, then cave in on the backstop and he has his deal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8