Brassed Off Britannia

Brassed Off Britannia

For a moan about the state of Britain and the World

Home   |   About BOB   |   Poetry   |   Contact Us   |   Forum Home

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:44 am 

With the growing generation of humans for whom dross is not only mainstream but sought-after, there is no shortage of suppliers to serve their needs.
No longer do we need to struggle with such old-fashioned impositions such as chewing food. Steak, sir? Hardly! Think of the need for not only cutting it up but having to masticate (no hands required for this version). A chop? Are you serious? A bone! Away, heretic.

So now it's extending into entertainment. Who would imagine a live concert with a digital star?
She never has a headache, never has dietary special needs, never has 'monthlies', doesn't insist on First Class airfares, is never hassled by the paparazzi, and can be taken around with a pocket hard drive without disturbing the shape of your suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEaBqiLeCu0

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/hatsune ... ton-future

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:00 am 

Not for me, but is it any different from an animated film?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:54 am 

Cumberland Cockney wrote:
....is it any different from an animated film?

Have you ever seen thousands of adults standing, waving and cheering a cartoon before?

Another step in computer-generated media, I hear that, given a few parameters such as tempo, line length etc, programs can now generate dozens of 'pop music' tracks in under an hour, all distinct and all as synthetic as PVC.
Mind you, the standard they would have to improve on would be pretty low in some cases.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 am 

Grizzled Grizzler wrote:
Have you ever seen thousands of adults standing, waving and cheering a cartoon before?

No, but I'm quite sure that had I been there I'd have been pretty well thunderstruck by such an amazing piece of technology, an oversized animated human hologram on a stage delivering a quite impressive performance. I'm a bit old for waving my arms in the air and jigging about but I'm sure my foot would have been tapping (my left one since the other is a bit lame). So all those young people were swept up in the splendour of the occasion, similarly amazed by the technology and reacted as young people do. I'd have been surprised if they didn't.

As to your other point about "synthetic as PVC", how much different is a group of friends who have never met face to face conversing across the width of the planet on a daily basis? Or an electric guitar with a block of wood and no sound box, all the variety of sounds produced through electronics. So now a song can be written by a computer - should we not judge its quality through our ears and senses and not through a preconceived notion that it just ain't right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:04 pm 

It's tough at the top, I guess. I'll never know.
What would I have done with a billion US dollars at 21?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 10b339e5b4

Given the vacuousness of cosmetics and the equally vapid nature of fashion, this lass has built a fortune - and an empire - on the indulgence of millions.