Brassed Off Britannia

Brassed Off Britannia

For a moan about the state of Britain and the World

Home   |   About BOB   |   Poetry   |   Contact Us   |   Forum Home

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Offended
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:40 pm 

It's not only the three remaining Bobbers who suffer with thin skin as Corbinski is refusing a free nosh due to the leader of the free worlds remarks and actions offendeding the Labour leader. If any excuse was needed to why the bumbling oaf is unelectable think of any future deals with anyone who upsets his sensibilities?
I apologise if you are all too dead to reply but a quick 'goodbye' would have been nice!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:35 pm 

olderandwiser wrote:
I apologise if you are all too dead to reply but a quick 'goodbye' would have been nice!

Can there be degrees of dead? Numb maybe.

And it comes across as a bit rich for the newest member of the forum to complain about the behaviour of those who have been there from the beginning.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:33 am 

Well I’m not dead, pissed off maybe.

Pissed off with Brexit, arthritis, women, snake oil salesmen, PC bollux, builders, politicians, pop music, women (again) recording machines that phone me up and expect me to talk to them, TV weather forecasts and women (I might have mentioned them before).

And especially women.

And especially women weather forecasters.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:23 pm 

And it comes across as a bit rich for the newest member of the forum to complain about the behaviour of those who have been there from the beginning.

All the more amazing to think that long time sparring and friendly niggles can be allowed to fade away. Perhaps it's my youthful exuberence that annoys you or the fact that after a mere 5 years I cannot feel dissapointed that it's over?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:34 am 

olderandwiser wrote:

Funny you should say that since, as it happens, "too dead to reply" sums up my situation rather well, not that I feel any need to apologise for it. The effect of a stroke is that the blood supply is cut off to part of the brain, which part dies, having to be functionally replaced by other parts which have to learn it all from scratch. In my case it was in the cerebellum, destroying in part motor function, balance, walking ability, vision, hand-eye coordination blarty-blarty-blar, and it has taken seven weeks so far to mostly re-master reading and operation of the keyboard. Each attempt at the Reply button still takes some time with many corrections and much concentration but I'm getting there. However, having set this thing up and run it for nearly 10 years I don't think it's too much to ask that others sort of step up and carry on when I'm rushed into hospital for a few weeks.

But on the theme of member contributions to the existence of BOB I don't think I have anything to apologise for except to say that my part will definitely cease this year when the current subscription comes due, around September. There are many other 'staying in touch' facilities available online, including Google Groups, and all free, but I won't be setting one up. If someone else would like to I'll be happy to sign up.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:48 am 

Hook Dangler wrote:
And especially women weather forecasters.

Speaking of which, and just to confirm that a few weeks cerebellar incapacity has robbed my of none of my non-PC bloody-mindedness, is it really necessary for the BBC's latest weather woman recruit to make such a particular feature of her disability? It is of course commendable that an amputee should progress so in employment despite her disability, but in the many dozens of her appearances I have seen she has not once worn a garment which hides the stump. Why should she hide it, of course? What's to be ashamed of? Nothing, but is there not a difference between 'not being ashamed' and glorying in? Would a plunging neckline to openly display the scars of major heart surgery be as acceptable? Should a paraplegic only wear shorts?